Why would you have a pre-purchase survey undertaken ?
“Nothing lasts forever” and that also applies to drains. To help inform you whether you are offering the right purchase price and not purchasing problems that will need to be repaired at some point in the future enabling you to potentially save thousands of pounds.
What Happens Next?
- Find out via your solicitor or estate agent whether the foul water drainage is on mains or a separate private sewage system such as a septic tank or sewage treatment plant.
- Call “The Drainage People” who can advise on any concerns.
- Book a “pre-purchase drain survey” with The Drainage People
- The Drainage People will liaise between you and the vendor or estate agent for access to the property.
- The Drainage People will submit its findings with advisories for any works that the survey reveals, including a guideline for any likely drainage repair costs.
- The findings can be submitted to your conveyancing solicitor or mortgage lender.
- You can purchase your property in the safe understanding that there will be no hidden drainage surprises, post purchase, that you will have to shell out for.
The Drainage People have vast knowledge of environmental law, building regulation requirement as well as drainage design and installation experience